We’ve had a fantastic webinar this week inviting @GivingTuesday and @GivingTuesdayUK to talk about #GivingTuesdayNow and how charities and individuals can join the day.
More than 200 people registered to the webinar and we’ve had others who have already asked us for the slides. Here are the slides and the recording for everyone to catch up along with some tips to consider.
#GivingTuesdayNow is taking place on May 5 to mobilise the world through giving. Whether you’re planning to promote your emergency appeal, boost your engagement with your supporters, or thank all the key workers, there are many ways to be part of the day!
Ways to engage on #GivingTuesdayNow
- Direct fundraising
- Kindness initiatives
- Gratitude campaigns
- Community education
- Resource maps/crowdsourcing
- Highlighting stories of community resilience
- Free virtual interactive experiences
Tips for planning your #GivingTuesdayNow participation
Before the day:
- Start today by announcing your participation
- You don’t need to launch a new campaign
- Think of the different ways you can join the day
- Use the day to promote your current appeal
- Build a plan on what makes the day different for your ‘ask’
- Why should someone support you specifically on that day?
- It’s not just about fundraising
- Ask for user-generated content
- Bring the community together
- Think of the content (even if you schedule a couple of posts)
On the day plan:
- Focus on your active channels on the day
- Be engaging
- Monitor mentions and comments
- Thank your supporters
- Enjoy the day
Resources for #GivingTuesdayNow
There are many resources that you can access to speed up your planning for the day:
- Complete Toolkit
- Images to download
- Canva templates
- UK Resources (toolkits, images, social media posts, campaign assets, etc)
- Lightful’s new GIFs and Images that you can share on the day
Using a social media storytelling template
We have launched two special templates on our social media platform to help you get started with planning your content.
You don’t need to use all of them but they can help you when scheduling your content.
They are free and you can use them for posting on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Are you joining #GivingTuesdayNow? Share your ideas with us @Lightful!
In an era where climate change is one of the greatest challenges to our planet, the voices of environmental nonprofits need to be amplified louder than ever. Lightful believes in the power of digital to elevate climate justice, and we believe that every organisation deserves the skills, tools, and confidence to fully leverage digital to enhance their mission.
The persistent gender gap in digital access and skills is preventing women and young girls from unlocking technology’s full potential. Gender justice and reproductive rights organisations have been battling with a huge swell of demand for services, yet they face a severe lack of funding, resources, and digital training to strengthen their organisation and keep up with other sectors.
Meta’s latest app gained over 100 million users in just a few days, becoming one of the fastest growing apps ever. To put this into perspective, it took two months for Open AI’s ChatGPT to reach 100 million users, and we thought that was fast!
See who we help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation