We’ve had a fantastic webinar this week inviting @GivingTuesday and @GivingTuesdayUK to talk about #GivingTuesdayNow and how charities and individuals can join the day.
More than 200 people registered to the webinar and we’ve had others who have already asked us for the slides. Here are the slides and the recording for everyone to catch up along with some tips to consider.
#GivingTuesdayNow is taking place on May 5 to mobilise the world through giving. Whether you’re planning to promote your emergency appeal, boost your engagement with your supporters, or thank all the key workers, there are many ways to be part of the day!
Ways to engage on #GivingTuesdayNow
- Direct fundraising
- Kindness initiatives
- Gratitude campaigns
- Community education
- Resource maps/crowdsourcing
- Highlighting stories of community resilience
- Free virtual interactive experiences
Tips for planning your #GivingTuesdayNow participation
Before the day:
- Start today by announcing your participation
- You don’t need to launch a new campaign
- Think of the different ways you can join the day
- Use the day to promote your current appeal
- Build a plan on what makes the day different for your ‘ask’
- Why should someone support you specifically on that day?
- It’s not just about fundraising
- Ask for user-generated content
- Bring the community together
- Think of the content (even if you schedule a couple of posts)
On the day plan:
- Focus on your active channels on the day
- Be engaging
- Monitor mentions and comments
- Thank your supporters
- Enjoy the day
Resources for #GivingTuesdayNow
There are many resources that you can access to speed up your planning for the day:
- Complete Toolkit
- Images to download
- Canva templates
- UK Resources (toolkits, images, social media posts, campaign assets, etc)
- Lightful’s new GIFs and Images that you can share on the day
Using a social media storytelling template
We have launched two special templates on our social media platform to help you get started with planning your content.
You don’t need to use all of them but they can help you when scheduling your content.
They are free and you can use them for posting on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Are you joining #GivingTuesdayNow? Share your ideas with us @Lightful!
We are thrilled to be part of the Escape 100 list for the second year in a row with the top purpose-led companies to ‘escape to’ in 2022! 🎉
Facebook recently announced that they are removing Facebook Analytics. Facebook Analytics was a tool that allowed individuals to see how their Facebook followers were interacting with their pages and content. As of June 2021, it is no longer available, but what does this mean for your organisation and your social media data?
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation