Reclaim Social Podcast E11 – Mark Williamson (Action For Happiness)
The eleventh episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉 We’ve talked to Mark Williamson, co-founder and Director of Action for Happiness, to find out more about Action for Happiness and how it became a mass participation movement with hundreds of thousands of members and a wide range of activities.
Mark Williamson has talked to us about the importance of meaningful work and a sense of purpose and how Action for Happiness has built a community of people who aim for a happier and kinder world. We’ve also discussed the importance of social media to find your loyal supporters and how the ripple effect can lead to purposeful interactions.
Enjoy the episode!
Listen to the eleventh episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Sign up to get notified when the new episode comes out
Mark Williamson on making happiness go viral
We’ve talked about many things with Mark, including:
- How he got started with Action for Happiness
- His previous background in engineering and science and how his move to consultancy work affected his health
- The moment he realised he wanted his life to be more meaningful and give something back
- Why we need to think “What makes us happy?”
- How Action for Happiness transforms the story of success towards building a happier world that prioritises the actually important things in life
- What it feels like to be doing something meaningful that inspires people
- How the Action for Happiness community is taking action to create a happier world and how it’s different for everyone
- How Action for Happiness inspired Reclaim Social
- The use of social media to reach more people and how they are reclaiming social for good
- The viral success of the Action for Happiness calendar and how it started as an idea
- How to build a movement of happiness
- The lessons they’ve learned from social media
- The challenges of managing a big community with a small team
- How to explore mindfulness at a personal level
Support Action for Happiness
We all need to take action for a happier world.
If you want to find out more about Action for Happiness, make sure you visit their website.
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you subscribe to check out the next ones with more exciting guests
In an era where climate change is one of the greatest challenges to our planet, the voices of environmental nonprofits need to be amplified louder than ever. Lightful believes in the power of digital to elevate climate justice, and we believe that every organisation deserves the skills, tools, and confidence to fully leverage digital to enhance their mission.
The persistent gender gap in digital access and skills is preventing women and young girls from unlocking technology’s full potential. Gender justice and reproductive rights organisations have been battling with a huge swell of demand for services, yet they face a severe lack of funding, resources, and digital training to strengthen their organisation and keep up with other sectors.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See who we help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation