Reclaim Social Podcast S02E02 – Mental Health Collective
The second episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
Our latest guest for the second season is Dr. Amy Pollard, Director of Mental Health Collective, the hub for unlocking social & collective approaches to mental health.
We asked her about her work, the social and collective dimension of mental health but also the new ways to come together during COVID-19.
We’ve found out more about the initiative Kindness by Post, a secret Santa for kindness, and we also discussed the role of social media and the sense of belonging that we are craving more than ever.
Listen to the episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Learning more about the Mental Health Collective and Kindness by Post
We’ve talked about many things with Amy, including:
- Why she set up the Mental Health Collective – new ways of coming together and connecting people
- The idea of launching ‘Kindness by Post’
- Beating isolation by sending cards to strangers in the context of COVID-19
- The media coverage they got during the Mental Health Awareness Week
- Social and collective dimension of mental health in the context of COVID-19
- How we can come together to support each other as a society
- The importance of being part of a movement of connection and hope
- Small gestures that add up and how to get you part of a movement that represents a sense of hope
- How Kindness by Post use social media
- Learnings on how to use social media during and after COVID
- How to stay hopeful with a sense of belonging in the current situation
- How she is taking care of her own mental health
Follow Mental Health Collective
When people feel they are falling apart, they often think they are alone. The Mental Health Collective works to find new ways of coming together.
To find out more about Mental Health Collective and their important work, make sure you follow them:
- Follow #KindnessByPost
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you subscribe to check out the next ones with more exciting guests
The COVID pandemic has created an urgent need for nonprofits to rapidly scale up digital advocacy and digital fundraising. Organisations need to be reaching their supporters where they are, and in 2021… they are online. A rapidly changing world post-pandemic demands new approaches to engaging the public and winning their support.
Last year the COVID-19 pandemic created challenges across many sectors, but especially for nonprofits, many of which were previously reliant upon in-person events and more traditional means of fundraising. At Lightful, we’ve been working with charities to understand how the pandemic has affected the sector and what’s become evident is that digital fundraising skills are vital in adapting to the ‘new normal’ that has emerged following the pandemic.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation