Reclaim Social podcast: listen to episode 4
The fourth episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live!
This month we’ve talked to Joe Cassidy, Social Media Officer at International Rescue Committee Europe. Joe was a big advocate of the #ReclaimSocial campaign this year with IRC Europe and we wanted to find out more about him and his work.
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises. Their goal is to help people whose lives are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Listen to the fourth episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Talking about the inspiring side of the refugee crisis on social media
Joe had many interesting things to say both about his work and also about his broader interests. Here are some of the things that we’ve talked about:
– His favourite social media platform
– His hobby that takes up most of his time
– How he found out about #ReclaimSocial and how it fits their own values
– Their approach to talking about the refugee crisis on social media
– How they handle the diverse nature of comments across different social media channels
– The surprising self-moderation of the comments from their community on Facebook
– Tips for sourcing content as an international team
– How to deal with a crisis on social media
– Using WhatsApp for out-of-hours communications with other team members
– How to end the ‘war’ on the negativity on social media
Supporting IRC Europe
If you want to support IRC and the very inspiring work that they’re doing, you can find out more details here.
The Lightful team shares their reflections and hopes this International Women’s Day (IWD).
At Lightful, we believe that trust is a key foundation for our economy and society. Building Trust is at the heart of what we do at Lightful. Our three Co-Founders, Carlos Miranda, Vinay Nair, and Johnny Murnane, all arrived at this conclusion through quite different journeys. They had various backgrounds in impact investing, tech and consulting with the charity sector. They would work with incredible nonprofits, but when they engaged with them online, their websites and social media presence didn’t do justice to the power and impact of their organisation. If you visit a website with out of date information, or broken links etc, you are not filled with confidence that the organisation is trustworthy. You wouldn’t buy from a retailer with a website like that - so why would you donate money or promote the cause? It makes it feel a bit unreliable, and so lending your support or funds could be risky. This creates a real problem for nonprofits, limiting their reach and ability to raise unrestricted funds from everyday donors and others. They set up Lightful to tackle this key problem of building trust.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation