Reclaim Social podcast: listen to episode 4
The fourth episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live!
This month we’ve talked to Joe Cassidy, Social Media Officer at International Rescue Committee Europe. Joe was a big advocate of the #ReclaimSocial campaign this year with IRC Europe and we wanted to find out more about him and his work.
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises. Their goal is to help people whose lives are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Listen to the fourth episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Talking about the inspiring side of the refugee crisis on social media
Joe had many interesting things to say both about his work and also about his broader interests. Here are some of the things that we’ve talked about:
– His favourite social media platform
– His hobby that takes up most of his time
– How he found out about #ReclaimSocial and how it fits their own values
– Their approach to talking about the refugee crisis on social media
– How they handle the diverse nature of comments across different social media channels
– The surprising self-moderation of the comments from their community on Facebook
– Tips for sourcing content as an international team
– How to deal with a crisis on social media
– Using WhatsApp for out-of-hours communications with other team members
– How to end the ‘war’ on the negativity on social media
Supporting IRC Europe
If you want to support IRC and the very inspiring work that they’re doing, you can find out more details here.
On 28th May individuals, organisations and entire communities came together to celebrate Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) - a global campaign to raise awareness of the importance of menstrual health and hygiene for women, girls, and all people who menstruate around the world - which was initiated by our partner WASH United.
111 diverse nonprofits from 44 countries took part in Lightful’s free Digital Bootcamp to create their first digital strategy - we’re so excited to share with you what they learned and free resources for your charity.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation