Reclaim Social Podcast – Listen to Episode 2
We’re excited to publish the second episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast. We’ve had very positive feedback with the first episode so we’re excited to keep the podcast going!
Off the Record (OTR) Bristol is a mental health social movement by and for young people aged 11-25. They are providing a range of services that support and enable young people to recognise their capabilities. Social media is a key part of many of their projects as it allows them to raise their voices and form a community of people who want to support their work.
Listen to the second episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Social media, young people, and mental health
We’ve had a very interesting conversation with Liam and John and we’ve talked among other things about:
– OTR’s involvement in the #ReclaimSocial campaign and how they think social media can be a more positive tool
– The importance of using social media to connect young people to communities and each other
– The feedback they are receiving from young people who attend their training and therapeutic services
– How young people are dealing with social media
– The questions they tend to receive from young people around social media and mental health
– How we can all improve our social media posting habits with the technique of ‘active listening’
– John’s ‘Ask me Anything’ video series to encourage people to ask him questions around mental health
– How Liam started as a user at OTR
– The optimism in seeing young people using social media to drive change
– How we can all use social media and tech for good
As you can imagine, we’ve talked about many interesting topics and we promised that we’ll plan a second episode together to continue the conversation.
What makes Liam, John and everyone at OTR stand out is their passion and their enthusiasm about their work and we certainly felt inspired to support them as much as possible.
- Diffusion Programme (training courses to support and promote young people’s mental health)
Listen to the second episode
On 28th May individuals, organisations and entire communities came together to celebrate Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) - a global campaign to raise awareness of the importance of menstrual health and hygiene for women, girls, and all people who menstruate around the world - which was initiated by our partner WASH United.
111 diverse nonprofits from 44 countries took part in Lightful’s free Digital Bootcamp to create their first digital strategy - we’re so excited to share with you what they learned and free resources for your charity.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation