Reclaim Social podcast: listen to episode 3
The third episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! We love reading your positive feedback up to now in the first two episodes and we can’t wait to talk to more amazing people who focus on the inspiring side of social media.
This month we’ve talked to Seb Baird from Time to Change. Seb was recommended by our first guest, Mike Keating, and we’ve chosen to talk to him as part of #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek. May is the #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth so we wanted to make sure we hear Seb’s thoughts in this particular month.
Seb Baird is the Digital Manager at Time To Change a growing social movement working to change the way we think and act about mental health. They have already reached millions of people and it’s impressive to see that they have already begun improving attitudes and behaviour around mental health problems.
Listen to the third episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Growing a social movement talking about mental health on social media
Seb had many interesting things to say about his work while we’ve also learned some bits we didn’t know about him! Here are some of the things that we’ve talked about:
– His favourite social media platform (when there are no spoilers!)
– The importance of talking about the stigma, the discrimination and the misconception around mental health and how storytelling can make people feel more empowered and less isolated
– Their approach to creating one piece of content and publish it everywhere to manage their available resources
– How their Facebook posts can lead to numerous comments of people coming together to share their own experiences
– The importance of responding to comments to build up the affinity with Time to Change while empowering people
– Learning more about the Time to Talk Day and why it’s important to keep talking about mental health whether we’re experiencing problems or not
– What it’s like working at a mental health charity in social media
– How to take care of your own mental health through small changes in your daily life
– Two ways we can all #ReclaimSocial (we’re loving these tips!)
Supporting Time to Change
If you enjoyed this conversation, you can find out more about Time to Change here.
There are many ways to get involved and make a difference so make sure you have a look at all the inspiring ideas.
Listen to the third episode
The COVID pandemic has created an urgent need for nonprofits to rapidly scale up digital advocacy and digital fundraising. Organisations need to be reaching their supporters where they are, and in 2021… they are online. A rapidly changing world post-pandemic demands new approaches to engaging the public and winning their support.
Last year the COVID-19 pandemic created challenges across many sectors, but especially for nonprofits, many of which were previously reliant upon in-person events and more traditional means of fundraising. At Lightful, we’ve been working with charities to understand how the pandemic has affected the sector and what’s become evident is that digital fundraising skills are vital in adapting to the ‘new normal’ that has emerged following the pandemic.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation