Reclaim Social Podcast E06 – Shadille Estepan (Born This Way Foundation)
The sixth episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉 We’ve talked to Shadille Estepan, Communications and Outreach Manager at Born This Way Foundation to find out more about her work and all the different ways she can inspire us.
Born This Way Foundation was founded in 2012 by Lady Gaga and Cynthia Germanotta with the goal of creating a kinder and braver world. They are supporting young people through programs and resources that drive change in their communities.
Their use of social media in promoting a kinder world inspired us to find out more about them.
Listen to the sixth episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Sign up to get notified when the new episode comes out
Using social media to inspire kindness
We’ve talked about many things with Shadille, including:
- How she joined Born This Way Foundation
- The story of how Lady Gaga offered her this role
- Two key programs we need to know about Born This Way Foundation
- The idea behind the campaign #BeKind21
- Successful examples from the #BeKind21 campaign and how we can all support it
- The power of kindness and the importance of embracing it all year long
- How Born This Way Foundation uses social media to empower their communities
- Her tip on how kindness can actually help your video making skills
- The story behind Channel Kindness and its impact on young people
- Why she believes that we are already Reclaiming Social Media for good
- Her favourite Lady Gaga song (except for ‘Born this way’)
- A superpower she’d like to have for 24h (pretty cool!)
- How she found the interview and being on the other side of the microphone for a change
Supporting Born This Way Foundation
Can we make kindness a habit? The #BeKind21 campaign and you can still be part of it. If you want to find out more about #BeKind21 you can click here.
“The concept of kindness is not new, but this campaign helps to uplift the voices and the stories of the amazing acts of kindness happening all over the world” – Shadille Estepan
If you want to find out more about Born This Way Foundation, their work you can visit their website.
And you can follow them on social media:
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you subscribe to check out the next ones with more exciting guests
The COVID pandemic has created an urgent need for nonprofits to rapidly scale up digital advocacy and digital fundraising. Organisations need to be reaching their supporters where they are, and in 2021… they are online. A rapidly changing world post-pandemic demands new approaches to engaging the public and winning their support.
Last year the COVID-19 pandemic created challenges across many sectors, but especially for nonprofits, many of which were previously reliant upon in-person events and more traditional means of fundraising. At Lightful, we’ve been working with charities to understand how the pandemic has affected the sector and what’s become evident is that digital fundraising skills are vital in adapting to the ‘new normal’ that has emerged following the pandemic.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation