How to join International Women’s Day #IWD2022
We’re just a week away from International Women’s Day, a day to celebrate women’s achievement, raise awareness against bias, and take action for equality.
The official UN theme for International Women’s Day 2022 is ‘Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow', and we at Lightful are looking forward to seeing digital content next week which aligns with this.
As part of our BRIDGE programme, we’re helping nonprofits all over the world make the most of this important awareness day and improve their digital communication and storytelling skills.
Many of our participants are tackling gender inequalities and support girls and women across the globe so International Women’s Day is a great opportunity day For them to highlight the work they are doing, and add their voice to a global campaign for change.
If you haven’t planned your content for the 8th of March, it’s not too late.
Here are some ideas on how you can be part of the day and amplify your organisation’s work with women and young girls.
Showcase your work
Think of the different ways you can raise awareness of your work:
- Spotlight your services that impact girls and young women
- Feature a story from one of your female clients/service users
- Explain how your work contributes to equality and women’s rights
Engage your audience online
An awareness day is a great opportunity to engage your audiences online.
If you haven’t planned a campaign yet, here are some ideas:
- Ask your social media followers to post about a female leader, friend or family member who inspires them
- Post a poll related to women’s day
- Share a quiz question about women’s rights/history
- Ask your audience to post photos of motivational women
Spotlight staff and supporters
This is a great time to highlight your team and supporters:
- Feature female staff and volunteers on social media
- Instagram story takeover
- Share quotes and short talking videos
You can also use an awareness day to partner with other nonprofits or corporate partners:
- Start conversations around corporate partnerships
- Reach out to female-led brands
- Reach out to female influencers and ask them to share your content and messaging
- Plan an event with guest speakers
- Spotlight existing partners that are female-led/work with women and young girls
Join a global conversation
It’s a great opportunity to be part of something bigger to inspire your audience to take action.
Here are some ideas on how to join:
- Position your organisation as a champion for the advancement of women’s rights
- Share third-party content
- Educate your followers
- Align with similar organisations and inspire online conversations
Takeaway: Think about your action
If you’re planning your content now for International Women’s Day, make sure you have a clear call to action.
What do you want to get out of the day?
Pick your objectives and create the content accordingly.
Likes, shares, petition signatures, donations, newsletter sign-ups are a few of the examples of what you can measure as part of an awareness day.
Joining #IWD? Tag @Lightful and we’ll support your campaign!
We are thrilled to be part of the Escape 100 list for the second year in a row with the top purpose-led companies to ‘escape to’ in 2022! 🎉
We’re excited to launch a new BRIDGE cohort to support organizations working in menstrual health and hygiene (MHH).
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation