Reclaim Social Podcast E09 – Matt Navarra
The ninth episode of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉 We’ve talked to Matt Navarra, Social Media Consultant and Expert, to find out more about his work, his favourite social media platforms and all the recent changes in the social media world.
Matt Navarra is one of the most well-known social media experts among marketers for his experience and passion for social media. He is also known for all the latest updates and sneak previews of new features coming from the big social platforms. We’ve talked to him about all of these and found out many things we didn’t know about him!
Enjoy the episode!
Listen to the ninth episode
Find the Reclaim Social Podcast on:
Sign up to get notified when the new episode comes out
Matt Navarra on all things social media
We’ve talked about many things with Matt, including:
- How he started his digital career from the government’s digital service
- The big clients he’s worked with that he doesn’t frequently talk about
- How he ended up being the go-to person for social media updates
- The reactions from big social media platforms to his posts on the latest features (even before they are announced!)
- How does he keep up with the latest SM news (how TNW experience helped him in discovering stories)
- Tools on keeping up with the news: Tweetdeck, Data Miner, Spike by Newsweb, Nuzzle
- Sites catching up with the news: The Next Web, DigiDay, TechCrunch, Engadget, CNET, Verge, Product Hunt, Beta List
- How the SM industry changed ever since he started and how we’re moving towards more niche platforms
- The observation of people’s behaviours changing over the years
- How Cambridge Analytica has made people savvier in understanding their data and being more mindful of what they’re sharing
- His favourite social media platform (guess!)
- All the reasons that make Twitter appealing
- His thoughts on whether we need (or not) a Twitter edit button
- The importance of being authentic (and not perfect) on social media
- How LinkedIn has seen an improved engagement over the years by improving its algorithm
- His routine on a regular day
- His concerns about his kids growing up in a digital-first world
- The bigger question around social media regulation
- How we can all make social media more positive to #ReclaimSocial
- The social account he would like to manage for a day
Follow Matt Navarra
Here’s how you can follow Matt Navarra:
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you subscribe to check out the next ones with more exciting guests
Nonprofits around the world have had to change the way they deliver services as a result of COVID-19. A combination of restricted movement, furloughed staff, and increases in demand at a time when forecasted revenue has become more uncertain has created a challenging - at times, impossible - environment in which to make adjustments to delivery models. However, so many nonprofits have shown remarkable resilience, transitioning to virtual delivery models where possible and in many cases, almost overnight. For some, the challenging circumstances have led to accelerated digital transformation and related opportunities.
Nonprofits hold some of the world’s most powerful stories. Each individual, community, and environment that they protect and serve, has their own story to tell and it is this rich reserve of narratives that can inspire, motivate and move the wider public.
The fourth episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
The third episode for S02 of the Reclaim Social Podcast is now live! 🎉
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation